Sunday, August 2, 2009

cityfitness - new plymouth gym news

I went to City Fitness in New Plymouth today. 2 out of the 3 drink fountains were out of order and there was a sign saying it would be 2 weeks before they would be fixed! WTF!!!

Is business that bad that it takes 2 weeks to fix a fountain?

Once again it proves what a slack ass organisation this place is. I know it's only drinking fountains but if you're charging $18 for a casual session at least have the basics working properly.

City Fitness is a scam with weight equipment from the 1980's still being passed off as "state of the art!"

Unfortunately I'm locked into a 2 year contract which runs out in 2 months which can't come soon enough. Why did I join for a 2 year deal? I got sucked in by the then managers bullshit about how great the gym was going to be as they offered everyone from my old gym "special deals" because our gym was closing down and city fitness was not up and running at that stage. It was crap then crap now and crap going forward into the future.

Dominic who owns it is a complete toss pot.

cheers

2 comments:

Charlie said...

I tried cityfitness recently and I have to say I had a great experience, I'm from Wellington so I was expecting the NP gyms to be rubbish but I was really happy to see that the standard has improved from when I was up a couple of years ago. There were no problems with the equipment and the staff were really helpful - Can't please everyone though but I have to say I would definately recomend cityfitness out of the gyms in NP.

shane said...

charlie, there must be some crap gyms in wellington if you think city fitness new plymouth is any good. or you're just a "fitness" buff who lifts little weights, lol, take care